Google

Acyclovir: Safe and Effective Antiviral Drug Against the Herpes Simplex Virus

Herpes simplex, also often referred to as fever blisters or cold sores, is a disease caused by a particular virus. The virus is known to remain latent in the nerves and then activates under any of these conditions: after an active episode of a recurring fever, when a cold is about to occur, or when the affected individual is physically or emotionally drained.

In a localized herpes simplex, small blisters may become manifest on any of these body parts: the mouth and gums, the tissues of one eye, or the external genital organs. The initial infection may pass unnoticed as it may not produce any symptom. What are produced here instead are antibodies, and these may result in succeeding manifestations of herpes simplex being different from those of the initial one.

There are several anti-inflammatory medications that are available over the counter which may be used to help reduce the severity of symptoms of herpes simplex in the affected individual. Note, however, that most of these medications provide mere alleviation from irritation and itching. One antiviral drug that has been proven to be effective against the virus that causes herpes simplex is acyclovir.

Doctors may prescribe a medication - specifically a cream - containing acyclovir for more frequent episodes of herpes simplex. This type of medication goes by the generic name "penciclovir cream," a specific example of which is the brand name Denavir. These acyclovir-containing medications work by stopping the virus that causes herpes simplex from undergoing reproduction, effectively preventing it from spreading as well. Acyclovir has likewise been proven to help in lessening the severity and duration of a herpes simplex outbreak.

Besides the cream or ointment form for topical or local application, acyclovir medications also come in vials (for administering intravenously) and in tablet form (prescription drug). Recognized for having a wide margin of safety, most people generally exhibit physiological tolerance for drugs or medications containing acyclovir. Of course, as in most other drugs or medications, there are some potential adverse reactions to acyclovir.

A person who has taken acyclovir orally for about three months may experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Persons who are unable to take the medication orally for some reasons, or those whose immune system has been depressed due to other drug treatments, may instead be given acyclovir intravenously. One potential adverse reaction to intravenous acyclovir is a decrease in kidney function. Fortunately, this problem is reversible. [Read the Original Article]

7 comments:

joy nelson said...

Hello friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Okosun cured my HSV  virus ,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since 4 years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn’t cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain day i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Okosun the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his emai and i explained everything to him and he prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine which i drank for two weeks, i went for different hospitals for check up to be fully sure if i were cured and to my surprise i was cured by this dr okosun so my friends viewers why wait and  suffer when there is someone like Dr Okosun that can cure any disease  such as, HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via:drokosun55@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348124363791  

cambell spivey said...

Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348140073965 or IG:@dremmanuel2

Sallow Villin said...

Hello viewers in the world am here to share my experience on how I got cured from Herpes through the help of Dr Adigba who use his roots and herbs to cure my Herpes today am healthy and strong once again all thanks to you Dr. may you live long to continue the good work you started, as many of you out there looking for solution to your problems I will like you to give dradigba@gmail.com A try today add him on whatsapp +2348077875210

lisa said...

Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Emmanuel  a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Emmanuel sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr Emmanuel who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Emmanuel because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Emmanuel through his email traditionalherbalhealingcentre@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348140033827 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received.  

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

GREY WORM said...

I'm here to appreciate Dr Ojamo for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus, I tested positive of this virus two years ago and since then I have been suffering from this virus so one morning I was browsing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr Ojamo curing people from Herpes virus and immediately I contacted him on his email >> dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com and I told him about my troubles and he told me that I will get cured, He gave me some instructions which I rightly followed so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which I used for for a week and everything was like a dream to me and the Herpes virus was totally gone when I went back to the hospital and it came out negative and all the symptoms were gone. Why don't you reach him today and be free from diseases like herpes because he is a very good and honest herbal Doctor. contact him and get your life back. You can call him or whatsapp him via +2349077406037 or you can email him via>> dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com

Jennifer Robert said...

Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of Herpes, HPV HIV/AIDS & STDs, Diabetics , Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Arthritis, Chronic pains. etc. by herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I wasdiagnosed with Herpes for the past years but Dr Chike cured me with his natural herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know it is hard to believe but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App . +233502715551. text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 , or you can also contact through his Facebook Page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape